Married to Phyllis Davis Jones, father of three daughters, Carmin, Denise, Melinda, and one grand daughter, Kassidy. Live in South Fayette, Pa.
Progenitor, and current Director of Youth Enrichment Services, a non-profit of 501(c) 3 community based organization that works with an average of 120 young students each year in a variety of mentoring, leadership, academic, career, and workforce development programs. A major emphasis over the past 17 years is the operation of a juvenile diversion from secure detention that YES has created and managed for over 1,000 10-14 year old boys and girls. Altogether YES has served over 3,000 young students from the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, and many parts of West Virginia.
Committees and Memberships
- Executive Board, African Sport Management Association
- Division Leader, Administrative Scientific Association of Canada
- Member European Sport Management Association
- Member American Public Health Association
Ph.D., 1988, University of Pittsburgh
- Major: Health, Physical and Recreation Education
- Area of Concentration: Sport Administration; Higher Education Administration
- Area of Concentration: Sport Pedagogy and Teacher Education
Master of Science, 1979, West Virginia University
- Major: Sport Sociology and Sport Psychology
Bachelor of Science, 1977, Concord University
- Major: Physical Education (K-12), Speech, Secondary Education
- Provided leadership to design and develop Blended Sport Management Master's Program into one of the most impressive, high quality, high placement rate, graduate programs in the University.
- Built Collaborations with multiple international partners, including, Venezuela, Cayman Island, Canada, Africa, Europe.
- Designed an active International Sport Management Consortium comprised of multiple US partners, and collaborators.
- Created a Partnership with Rural WV and Urban Regional Community Based Partners to bring over 300 at risk students to the campus every fall for a career exploration and Big 12 football game.
- Created a Community Based Summer time learning model that has won National awards and has been implemented in many communities throughout WV. "Project YES"
- Sport Development
- Youth Mentoring
- Social Media Based Research as Platforms for Building Capacity