Dr. Jones teaches undergraduate and graduate curriculum in the Department of Sport Studies in the College of Physical Activity and Sports Sciences. His specializations include: Sport Management Processes, Sport Marketing, Capstone, Research Methods, and Issues in Sport Studies. He additionally recruits and supports online master's students and sponsors the Undergraduate Sport Management Majors' Club. Jones' teaching interests include: Sport Management, Diversity and Leadership, Sport Marketing, and Research Methodology.
Committees and Memberships
- Member, Recruitment and Retention Committee, CPASS
- Division Chair, Administrative Scientific Association of Canada, Montreal
- Member, WV Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance (WVAHPERD)
- Principal Investigator, Youth Enrichment Services (YES), Pittsburgh, PA
- N. American Contact/VP, African Sport Management Association
- Ph.D., Health, Physical and Recreation Education, University of Pittsburgh
- M.S., Sport Sociology and Sport Psychology, West Virginia University
- B.S., Physical Education (K-12), Speech, Secondary Education, Concord University
- Provided leadership to design and develop Blended Sport Management Master's Program in CPASS.
- Built collaborations with multiple international partners including: Venezuela, Cayman Island, Canada, Africa, Europe.
- Designed an active International Sport Management Consortium comprised of multiple US partners and collaborators.
- Created a community-based summertime learning model that has won national awards and has been implemented in many communities throughout WV called Project YES.
- Assessing the impact of summertime learning and out-of-school programming on the empowerment of socially and economically disadvantaged youth and families
- Examining empowerment models and evidence-based programs using peer mentorship and leadership development strategies and investigating mechanisms to address recidivism and truancy among juvenile offenders who populate diversion alternative programs.
- International Sport Management in Africa; designing and developing Sport Management mobile classes to enhance the competencies of African sport managers.