- Certified Mental Performance Consultant, Association for Applied Sport Psychology
- Past-President and Fellow, Association for Applied Sport Psychology
- Fellow, American Psychological Association
- Recipient of West Virginia University Foundation Award for
- Post-Doctoral Re-specialization in Counseling Psychology, Florida State University
- Ph.D., Educational Psychology, Florida State University
- M.S., Sport Behavior, West Virginia University
- B.A., Psychology, University of Virginia
- Professional issues in sport
psychology: ethics, supervision, mentoring
- Issues associated with applied sport psychology
- Violence and aggression
- Youth sport
Dr. Jack Watson is a professor of sport and exercise psychology and interim dean
of the College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences at West Virginia University.
He is a Certified Mental Performance Consultant with the Association for Applied
Sport Psychology, is listed on the United States Olympic Committee Sport Psychology
Registry, and is a licensed psychologist in the State of West Virginia. Watson served
as president of the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (2012/13) and was actively
engaged in the process of updating the organization's certification program. He has also been a Fellow with the Association for Applied Sport Psychology and the American Psychological Association for several years. Watson has edited a book, written more than 95 articles and book
chapters, and given numerous presentations and keynote addresses. He continues
to supervise doctoral students as they conduct research and provide sport psychology
services to athletes.
Watson has been married for more than 25 years, is the father of three active children and coaches numerous youth sport teams.