I have completed the Bachelor's and the Master's degrees at the University of Tsukuba, Japan, and I am a licensed physical education teacher in Japan. During the college year, I was a tennis player in a college team. In 2012, I came to the US and completed the Master's and Doctoral degrees in physical education teacher education at The Ohio State University. My research focuses are on examining the role of motor competence to engage in physical activity and exploring ways to assist teachers to provide effective physical education to enhance student motor skill learning; especially, I am interested in how tasks teachers developed and selected impact student learning. My research specifically focuses on early childhood to middle childhood physical education.
Committees and Memberships
- Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America).
- North American Society for Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity (NASPSPA).
Doctor of Philosophy: Physical Education Teacher Education, Kinesiology,
The Ohio State University
expected August, 2017.
Master of Science: Physical Education Teacher Education, Kinesiology, The
Ohio State University
January, 2013 - August, 2014.
Master of Science: Sports Coaching, Health and Sport Sciences, The University of
April, 2010 - March, 2012.
Bachelor of Science: Sports Management, Health and Physical Education, The University
April, 2006 - March, 2010.
- Research focuses are in (a) examining a role of motor skills to facilitate physical activity engagement in early to middle childhood and (b) investigating a role of content knowledge of teachers to develop their task selection and instruction skills.
- Teaches classes in elementary and early childhood physical education methods.
- Has done 20 international and national presentations.