- Teacher of the Year Award, WVU, CPASS award for
excellence in teaching for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- WV Department of Education Teacher Credentials:
Physical Education PreK-Adult, Health Education grades 5-12.
- Coordinator of the physical education teacher
education student teaching capstone experience.
- Ph.D., Kinesiology/Physical Education Teacher Education, West Virginia University
- M.S., Kinesiology/Athletic coaching Education, West Virginia University
- B.S., Kinesiology/Physical Education, Fairmont State University
- Instructional technology
- Decision Theory
- Physical education policy
- Cultural competence
Dr. James Wyant joined the West Virginia University Physical Education and Kinesiology program as an assistant professor in 2017. Wyant's research interests include the emerging role of technology in physical education, as well as cultural competence in the physical education environment. His most recent project sought to understand the barriers and facilitators related to technology integration in physical education. To date, he has published several articles and presented at numerous conferences. His teaching responsibilities include undergraduate and graduate physical education teacher education courses, as well as coordinating student teaching capstone experiences. Wyant is a West Virginia Department of Education licensed and experienced physical education and health education teacher.