- Research emphasis on teachers' content
knowledge, motor skills and physical activity engagement, and policy in
- Teaches classes in introductory of pedagogy and elementary and early childhood physical education methods.
- Has conducted 35 international and national presentations.
- Ph.D., Kinesiology/Physical Education Teacher Education and Motor Development, The Ohio State University
- M.S., Kinesiology/Physical Education Teacher Education and Motor Development, The
Ohio State University
- M.S., Health and Sport Sciences/Sport Coaching, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- B.Ed., Health and Physical Education/Sports Management, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Committees and Memberships
- Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America)
- North American Society for Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity (NASPSPA)
- Teachers' content knowledge
- Physical education pedagogy
- Physical activity promotion
- Motor skill development
Dr. Emi Tsuda joined CPASS as an assistant
professor in 2018. She completed her bachelor's and master's degrees at the
University of Tsukuba, Japan and completed a second master's and doctoral
degree in physical education teacher education at The Ohio State University.
She has diverse experiences of teaching and coaching in different populations,
e.g., preschoolers to seniors and in different settings, from physical
education in schools to competitive athletic teams.