- Program Coordinator for Athletic Coaching Education, CPASS
- 10 years of undergraduate and graduate teaching experience in Exercise Science and Kinesiology
- National Federation of High Schools (NFHS) State and Mid-East Sectional Girls Cross Country Coach of the Year
- 20 years of coaching experience at the Division 1 and high school levels
- Coached seven WVSSAC State Championship Teams in cross country and track
- Ph.D., Exercise Physiology, West Virginia University
- M.Ed., Exercise Physiology, Auburn University
- B.S., Exercise Physiology, West Virginia University
- Antioxidant and Caffeine Supplementation in athletic performance
- Cold-Water Immersion and athlete recovery
- Land and Aquatic Plyometric Training
As a teaching assistant professor in Athletic Coaching Education and as an Athletic Coaching Education program coordinator, Dr. Michael Ryan's primary responsibilities involve teaching students within the Athletic Coaching Education major. He has taught a variety of courses within the field of Kinesiology including Anatomy and Physiology, Biomechanics and Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription. Ryan brings with him 20 years of coaching experience at the NCAA Division I, high school and youth levels. At the high school level, he has coached on seven WVSSAC State championship teams.
In 2017, the United States Track and Field Cross Country Coaching Association (USTFCCCA) honored him as the WV Boys Cross Country Coach of the Year. In the same year, the National Federation of High Schools (NFHS) named him as the Girls State and Mid-East Sectional Cross Country Coach of the Year.