The 15-credit-hour minor in Sport and Exercise Psychology is designed to provide an overview of the principles, practices, and theories underlying the psychology and sociology of sport and related physical activity.
To earn this minor, you must complete five courses with a grade of “C” or higher.
Required courses before 300-level:
- SEP 271∗ – Sport in American Society (3cr, offered each semester)
- SEP 272∗∗ – Psych. Perspectives of Sport (3cr, offered each semester)
Choose 3 of the following courses:
- SEP 373∗ – African Americans in Sport (offered every first semester)
- SEP 383 – Exercise Psychology (offered every second semester)
- SEP 385 – Social Psychology of Sport (offered every first semester)
- SEP 425 – Psychological Aspects of Sport Injury
- SEP 493 – Sport Psychology Seminar
- Counseling 303 – Intro to the Helping Professions (offered every second semester)
∗ Courses count as GEC 4 & 7
∗∗ Course counts for GEC 4 & 6
All 300 level courses in this minor are only offered during summer session
Phone: (304) 293-0839