The 15-hour Personal Trainer Minor is designed for individuals who want a professional career in the fitness/wellness industry. Students are trained to screen clients, evaluate their clients’ current fitness abilities and to individualize an exercise program to fit client goals. The goal is to provide guided and practical skills application to those students who wish to teach fitness related concepts to individuals (clients). Students will be prepared for and required to sit for the American Council on Exercise National Certification Exam. Students must earn a letter grade of C or higher in all coursework.
- ACE 373 Fitness Management - 3 credits
- ACE 374 Fitness Field Testing - 3 credits
- ACE 375 - Lifestyle and Weight Management - 3 credits
- ACE 472 Methods of Personal Training - 3 credits
- ACE 476 Fitness Internship - 3-6 credits
Phone: (304) 376-3048