The 19-credit-hour minor in Adventure Sports Leadership minor is designed to provide students with the solid base of knowledge, skills, and experience sought by many employers within the adventure sports industry.
First you must submit a Major Declaration Form which indicates your intention to minor in Adventure Sports Leadership. This can be accomplished by setting-up a meeting with Carol Straight, College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences, Room 277 (phone: 304-293-0839; email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to complete the necessary paperwork to declare a minor. Let your advisor know that you intend to complete the Minor in Adventure Sports Leadership.
To earn this minor, you must then complete the following courses with a grade of C or higher:
- ACE 389 Intro Adventure Sports 1
- ACE 451 Plan Risk Mgt for Adv Sport 3
- ACE 452 Outdoor Leader/Group Dynamics 3
- ACE 454 Adv Sport Instruction Tech 3
- PE 169 Outdoor Navigation & Survival 1
- PE 183 Wilderness First Aid Basics 1-3 or RPTR 148 Wilderness First Responder
- PE 189 Outdoor Living Skills 1
- ACE 455 Adventure Sports Internship (Internship) 2-6
In addition to the above, you will need to complete a minimum of four elective courses from the following list with a grade of C or higher:
- PE 120 Canoeing
- PE 171 Caving Basics
- PE 172 Cycling Basics
- PE 177 Adventure Racing Basics
- PE 181 Rock Climbing Basics
- PE 184 Snow Sport Basics
- RPTR 293Q SPTP:Group Facilitatn Dynamics
ACE 455 Adventure Sports Internship can not be completed until required courses (ACE 389, ACE 451, ACE 452, ACE 454; PE 169, PE 183, PE 189) are completed with a letter grade of C or higher. Student must possess valid WFA or WFR and CPR certifications upon graduation.
Total Credits Required: 19 (minimum)
Phone: (304) 293-0839