- The curriculum has a rehabilitation focus.
- Students complete certification requirements for Graston Technique M-1 training and receive certification preparation for NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES).
- Excellent reputation with respect to position placement following degree. (NFL, NCAA institutions, sports medicine clinics, industrial settings, and academic setting).
- Excellent outdoor recreation facilities and proximity to major metropolitan cities.
- Courses are delivered by professors with doctoral degrees in sport sciences who also have real world coaching and sport organization experience.
- Masters students are encouraged to be a part of the Center for Applied Coaching and Sport Sciences’ projects that focus on implementing sport science best practices into a wide variety of coaching and coaching education settings.
- Morgantown has a thriving sports culture including a newly built minor league baseball stadium and community soccer indoor playing facility.
- Ranked 5th in the US and 29th worldwide among Graduate Sport Management Programs by Eduniversal Best Master’s & MBA’s Ranking 2015/16.
- Program boasts four major college athletic directors among its graduates at the University of Oregon, Virginia Tech, Ohio University and West Virginia University·
- Has a 100 percent student placement rate into industry internships and/or job opportunities.
- Publishes annually two unique promotional pieces—The Starting Line-Up and the Graduate Sport Management Alumni Directory