- One hundred percent of program graduates are employed in the area of their choice.
- Students teach undergraduate classes in sport, exercise and performance psychology.
- Graduates will be license-eligible and may pursue a counseling or consulting career with full-time applied work.
- Students are expected to produce publishable manuscripts.
- Students consult with WVU Division I teams, local collegiate athletic departments, exercise/health settings and university club, high school and youth sport team.
- WVU is the only institution in West Virginia to offer a Doctorate degree (PhD and an EdD) majoring in Coaching and Teaching Studies.
- Students are immersed in core domains related to empirically-based foundations of physical education teacher education, and coaching education, discipline-specific research, external funding sources, higher education curriculum and evaluation, statistics and research methods and other content specialization areas.
- Students will initiate a line of research through engagement in the planning, implementation and dissemination of a series of publishable manuscripts.
- Program graduates become leaders in specialized areas of the industry. Interactive courses and seminars support learning communities focused on development and understanding of professional literature.
- Faculty are international and national experts in the fields of physical education teacher education (including technology integration, comprehensive school physical activity programming, physical activity promotion and curriculum models) and sports coaching pedagogy (coach behavior, positive youth development, professional ethics).