CPASS tenure-track and tenured faculty will increase the number of peer—reviewed journal publications, book chapters, and books in national and international outlets to an average of 4 publications per year (Increase by .5 per year starting from baseline of 2.0).
- Use of variable faculty workload plans to reflect faculty interest and expertise
- Strategic use of Teaching Assistant Professor, Clinical, and Tenure-track faculty lines to support mission of college
- Increased emphasis of collaborative team science, including both internal (cross-departmental; cross-programs) and external (cross-colleges and schools; cross-institutional) collaborations
- Reduction in tenure-track and tenured service and advising loads Creative use of resources and programming to foster scholarly productivity and collaborations (i.e. researcher speed-dating; shark-tanks, writing war-rooms, concept proposals, etc.)
- Continue to support scholarly presentation as another means of dissemination of knowledge
CPASS faculty will increase the number of external grants and/or contracts submitted by 20% and funded by 10%.
- Establish a CPASS Office of Research and Innovation
- Increase number of funded grants that include indirect costs
- Shift grants/contracts officer position from 1/3 time to full-time status in order to provide greater grant submission and post-award management support
- Provide increased research time, incentives and rewards for faculty to submit grants and contract proposals (i.e. internal sabbaticals; summer grant writing incentives, etc.)
- Create and hire a post-doctoral research methodologist position to assist with research design, statistical analysis, and grant writing
- Facilitate collaborations with established investigators internal and external to WVU
CPASS graduate students will increase the number of first authored publication submissions by 35% and published work by 25%.
- Emphasize program specific research expectations during graduate student recruitment, specifically reflected in recruiting materials and admission letters
- Investigate the possibility of partial-reduction in Graduate Assistant responsibilities during the dissertation phase of program
- Write support for graduate research assistants into grant/contract submissions
- Create a graduate student research tracking and monitoring system
- Establish targeted recruitment of doctoral students with thesis/research backgrounds
- Review the structure of graduate education to better position students to increase research productivity
Foster collaborative and interdisciplinary research, and increase external funding and scholarship through the establishment of three college or university centers.
- Develop, approve and implement a Center on Coaching Science
- Develop, approve and implement a Center on Sport Ethics
- Conceptualize, approve and implement a research center with a multi-disciplinary focus
Increase visibility of CPASS research and scholarship by identifying and implementing three strategies per year.
- All tenured and tenure-track faculty will promote research visibility through use of digital data dissemination methods (e.g., Google Scholar; Research Gate profiles)
- CPASS will increase the number of faculty with designations as organizational Fellows through a strategic process of identification and nomination
- CPASS will develop a research section of the college website and will promote research using a bi-monthly news release
- CPASS will install research display monitors within the college
- CPASS will identify areas suitable for hanging monthly spotlight research posters
- CPASS will get recommendations from experts in library sciences on how to effectively disseminate research using multiple platforms
- Improve upon the integration of faculty research into CPASS strategic communication plan (e.g., social media posts regarding faculty/graduate student publications on a continual basis)
- Promote integration of faculty research into the undergraduate and graduate classrooms throughout CPASS and the WVU community