Maintain an inclusive and accessible work and learning environment.
- Document compliance of ADA requirements of all CPASS physical/building spaces
- Adhere to and promote existing WVU policies and procedures related to diversity, equity and inclusion across all levels of CPASS
Increase recruiting and retention efforts of CPASS personnel and students who are representative of the global community.
- Conduct an audit of current students of disadvantaged/underrepresented groups perceptions of major, how they were recruited, suggestions for CPASS improvement
- Develop a marketing and recruitment plan sensitive and attractive to the global community (i.e. Spanish language version of marketing materials, international fairs, maintain website resources for international students, etc.)
- Develop procedures for inviting and hosting visiting professionals and exchange students
- Target financial support for the creation of scholarships, fellowships, etc., for under-represented groups
- Work with LLC to develop a system of student support and mentoring
- Identify Community Colleges where articulation agreements could be created
- Establish at least one new articulation agreement a year
- Current/possible – Northern VA CC, Columbus State CC, Garrett, New River Valley in S. Beckley, College of Southern Maryland
Maintain participation in diversity, inclusion, and equity-related programming for faculty, staff and students.
- Identify and expand CPASS opportunities for outreach, engagement, and/or experiential learning in diverse populations (e.g., SES, geography, race, etc.)
- Embed diversity and inclusion broadly across instructional programs and curricula
- Connect to existing University-wide diversity efforts, programs, and initiatives