1928 Division of Physical Education was created with Carl Schott as director. Elizabeth Moore Hall was opened.
1929 Field House [now Stansbury Hall] was opened.
1930 Baccalaureate degree in Physical Education was approved.
1932 First Physical Education graduation class.
1937 School of Physical Education was created with Alden Thompson as dean. Master of Science in Physical Education was approved and Sara Cree was first graduate.
1952 Ray 0. Duncan became the School's third academic dean.
1961 School changed its name to School of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Safety
1966 School changed its name to School of Physical Education.
1969 Charles P. Yost was named the School's fifth dean.
1970 Coliseum opened with a rock concert on September 19.
1972 J. William Douglas replaced John Semon as Chair, Department of Physical Education for Men.
1973 Separate Physical Education departments for men and women were eliminated. Patricia K. Fehl was named Chair, Department of General Physical Education; Douglas, Chair, Professional Physical Education.
1974 Non-teaching curricula in the School were introduced in sport management, sport broadcasting, and exercise physiology.
1976 Athletic training education program was initiated with John C. Spiker as the curriculum director.
1979 J. William Douglas appointed the School's sixth dean.
1987 Dana D. Brooks was named Associate Dean of the School.
1991 School reorganized into Division of Health, Physical Education, and Athletic Training and Division of Health Promotion.
1992 J. William Douglas resigned and was replaced by the previous Associate Dean, Dana D. Brooks.
1992 Norman Harris room dedication
1993 Brooks was named the School's seventh dean.
1993 Jack Roberts conference room dedication
1994 Libby Leaseburg Manus classroom dedication
1997 John Semon classroom dedication
1998 Athletic Training became an approved major.
1999 School of PE relocated to Grand Central Station due to asbestos removal in the Coliseum
2004 John McGrath, assistant professor and WVU Men’s Soccer coach, announces retirement
2005 Ware Distinguished Professor Linda Carson receives highest honor from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for her work in children’s wellness and fitness.
2006 WVU awards honorary doctorate degree to Jerry West, CPASS Outstanding Alumnus. Kacy Wiedebusch retirement.
2007 75th Anniversary celebration, keynote dinner, featuring Coach Bob Huggins
2008 Official renaming of College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences, fall semester
2009 Al and Dee Ware establish the Ware Distinguished Professorship, the college’s first, awarded to Dr. Eloise Elliott
2013 Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Research Lynn Housner retires
2013 Celebration of Dr. Patricia K. Fehl $3.4 million gift to the college
2014 College moves from Coliseum into new Health and Education building on the Evansdale campus, wellness precinct. Creates interactive feature wall in main lobby, honoring Hall of Fame inductees and donors, using touch screen technology for the first time in a WVU college-based facility
2014 Ferris and Deanna Antoon classroom dedication
2015 Bob and June Huggins conference room and scholarship celebration
2015 Celebration of Old Pros Reunion
2015 College hosts Tribute to Pioneering African-American Student-Athletes at West Virginia University
2015 College establishes Office of Student Success, focusing on advising, recruitment and retention
2015 WVU Athletic Training celebrates 40th Anniversary; John Spiker retires from program
2016 College adds 15 new building and major planned gifts to portfolio
2016 Establishment of Dr. John and Kacey Gay Research Wall, creating the second interactive monitor in college’s main lobby
2016 Dean’s Distinguished Lecture Series hosts Intercollegiate Athletics: Current and Future Directions
2016 College celebrates 18 scholarship endowments
2016 Establishment of Dr. Pat Fehl Endowed Professorship awarded to Sam Zizzi, Ed.D.