- Innovative online instruction during the fall and spring semesters accommodate for busy professionals who teach, coach and have families.
- WVU partners with the Southern Regional Electronic Campus to provide in-state tuition to all MS in PETE students.
- The MS in PETE program is completed in cohorts to foster professional communities of practice. Students interact with peers and faculty throughout the program in collaborative, problem-based learning focused on real-world challenges and solutions.
- MS in PETE graduates are leaders in their state and regional professional organizations, grant awardees, conference presenters, National Board Certified, and Teachers of the Year.
- The online format allows students to take a lighter course load in the Fall and Spring, while continuing online courses over the summer. Because the entire curriculum is online, students are welcomed to visit the campus to meet with faculty and tour the athletic department if they like.
- The program is designed to accommodate teachers, sport coaches, and strength & conditioning coaches at a variety of levels.
- Students will take courses from professors with doctoral degrees in sport sciences and actual coaching experience.
- Curriculum includes 39 credit units over 2 full years and one additional summer (a 27 month program).
- We are part of the Southern Regional Electronic College. As such, tuition is offered at in-state rates for all students.
- Faculty are Diverse, with backgrounds in International management, non-profit management, Collegiate Sport Management, Sport Business Marketing, Private Industry Management, and Sport Management Research.
- A Kick-off cookout on the Sunday before summer classes begin bring together all faculty, current students in the program for a casual evening of food, fellowship, networking, and orientation.
- Success rate of graduates from the program to date is over 90 percent.
- WVU graduate sport management program has a positive”Brand” in the Industry.
- Cost is at the in-state level.
- Hybrid format allows for on campus experience for online students who have been away from the classroom, and who are more focused on the industry.