The 21-hour Strength and Conditioning Minor is designed for individuals who would like to be a strength coach at the high school, college, or professional level or a strength and conditioning professional in the fitness/wellness fields. The minor provides students with in-depth understanding of the theory and practical consideration associated with physical training in the areas of speed, agility, strength, endurance, flexibility and power. Students must earn a letter grade of C or higher in all coursework.
The completion of the minor prepares students to take the Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification exam offered by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). Certification in CPR is required for the CSCS exam.
- EXPH 365 Exercise Physiology 1 (offered fall, spring, summer)
- ACE 371 Strenght/Condtng Coach Technqs (summer)
- ACE 372 Sprot Specific Strngth/Condtng (summer)
- HNF 200 Nutrition/Activity/Health (fall, spring, summer)
- ACE 491 Professional Field Experience (fall, spring, summer; ACE 371 & ACE 372 pre-req)
- EXPH 364 Kinesiology (offered fall, spring)
- PET 124 Human Body: Structure & Function (offered fall, spring, summer)
- PET 125 Principles of Human Movement (offered fall, spring, summer)
- ACE 369 Basic Strength/Condtng-Coaches (spring, summer)
- EXPH 369 Strength/Conditioning Methods (fall, spring)
Phone: (304) 293-0839