Doctorate of Kinesiology
- 100 percent of program graduates are employed in the area of their choice
- Doctorate students will teach undergraduate classes in sport and exercise psychology
- Students are expected to produce publishable manuscripts
- Students may be admitted to the program with a bachelor's degree and will first earn a master's in counseling before continuing into the SEP doctoral program
- WVU has 18 NCAA Division-I sports with which our students can consult
Doctorate of Education
- Provide students with an in-depth understanding of the knowledge base surrounding the disciplines of Physical Education Teacher Education (PETE).
- Educate, train and produce highly competent graduates to function within PETE professions as researchers, teachers, grant writers, and applied practitioners.
- Produce scholars and professionals who will make significant contributions to the advancement of empirically-based knowledge in PETE.
- Train students to produce original, theory-based research projects in PETE.