Fall Semester 2016 Applications
This application cycle is for students who are sophomores or beyond.
- A minimum combination of 45 credit hours of required “Pre-Requisite Courses”, general education foundation or approved elective classes must be completed before application is made to the program.
- Notification of admission or denial will be made upon the receipt of fall semester grades.
- Students accepted to the program through this application cycle will begin taking SM major specific coursework during the fall semester of the following year (They will not be allowed to take coursework during the spring semester immediately following acceptance into the program).
- Applicants who meet or exceed the admission criteria are NOT guaranteed admission into the program. Admission is competitive.
Minimum Admission Criteria:
- Overall GPA is greater than or equal to 2.50 ( cutoff GPAs are usually higher than 2.5);
- Successful completion of 18 credit hours of pre-requisite courses (listed below);
- Successful completion of a minimum of 27 additional hours of general education foundation, or approved elective courses (A total of 45 completed credit hours).
- Application deadline date – October 1st, 2016
3 hr | SM 167 (grade of “B” or better)
3 hr | ENGL 101 (grade of “C” or better)
3 hr | COMM 100 and 102, or 104 (grade of “C” or better)
3 hr | Math Requirement MATH 121/126 (grade of “C” or better)
3 hr | ECON 201 or BUSA 202 (grade of “C” or better)
3 hr | JRL 101 (grade of “C” or better)
Total 18 hr