The mission of the West Virginia University Athletic Training Program is to provide a comprehensive clinical education program which meets the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Education Council (NATA-EC) Educational Competencies and Clinical Proficiencies and is in compliance with the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
Upon completion of this program, students will be prepared to be a proficient and successful entry-level certified athletic trainer (ATC) in the health care of athletes and others involved in physical activity.
WVU Athletic Training Education Program Goals
- To provide athletic training students ample opportunity for quality clinical experiences in which they gain knowledge, skill, and confidence.
- To assist athletic training students in developing professionalism in all aspects of their educational and clinical exposures.
- Provide educational opportunities that challenge and expands the athletic training students knowledge base.
- To provide athletic training students with the complete understanding of athletic training and the responsibilities and commitment that the profession entails.
- To prepare students to sit for and successfully pass the Board of Certification (BOC) exam.
- To serve as a resource and provide guidance to all athletic training students upon graduation in their pursuits of employment, internships, or other allied health and educational opportunities.