Strength and Conditioning Minor
The 21 hour Strength and Conditioning Minor is designed for individuals who would like to be a strength coach at the high school, college, or professional level or a strength and conditioning professional in the fitness/wellness fields. The minor provides students with in depth understanding of the theory and practical consideration associated with physical training in the areas of speed, agility, strength, endurance, flexibility and power. Students must earn a letter grade of C or higher in all coursework.
The completion of the minor prepares students to take the Strength and Conditioning Specialist Certification exam offered by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). Certification in CPR is required for the CSCS exam.
- EXPH 364 Kinesiology∗
- EXPH 365 Exercise Physiology∗
- ACE 369 Introduction to Strength and Conditioning (3 credits)
- ACE 371 Strength and Conditioning Techniques (3 credits)
- ACE 372 Strength and Conditioning Program Design (3 credits)
- HN&F 200 Introduction to Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Health (3 credits)
- ACE 491 Professional Field Experience 1-6
∗Pre-requisite courses to ACE 369, ACE 371, and ACE 372
Total Credits = 19-24 Credits
Phone: (304) 293-0839